My hair is something that I have a serious love/hate relationship with and mornings are always more on the hate side of the spectrum. When Lindsay from Casper got in touch asking about my top tips for combating bed hair, I was really excited to share my little life hacks and tricks with you all! FYI, Casper are a fab company that make memory foam matresses, so if you’re in need of one, you know where to head to! Just click here to view their range! So here are my top 5 tips for combating bed hair when you really don’t have loads of time on your hands!
1. Brush your hair before you go to sleep, seriously it takes about two minutes. Brush your hair thoroughly each night, to remove any knots or tangles that might be in there. The longer you leave a knot in your hair, the worst/more matted it’ll become, so brush that sucker out before you hit the hay!
2. Tie your hair in plaits whilst you sleep. Not only do you get lovely heat free waves, but it also prevents those pesky tangles from finding their way back into your hair! I can’t remember where I read this, but i’m pretty sure it also stops breakages in the hair, as all the hair is falling in the same direction, so double score!
3. Stop washing your hair everyday! Washing your hair too often strips it of it’s natural oils that it needs to keep healthy, therefore causing your hair to obtain knots and absorb static more easily, i’e, cause messy/frizzy morning hair! If your hair is extremely greasy and you feel that you need to wash it everyday, start using dry shampoo in between washes, every other day, to not have to wash it so much. Over time you’ll find that you don’t need to use the dry shampoo anymore and you’ll be able to go three or even four days without washing your hair! Healthy hair = more manageable hair!
4. Use a deep conditioner once a week. Deep conditioning has many benefits for your mane, but one of the great things about it is that it helps to eliminate fly away’s and make hair smoother, therefore making your hair more manageable and less frizzy/out of control in the mornings.
5. If all else fails, embrace it! That’s right, whether you’ve woken up with a bit of a frizzy mane or it just looks an utter mess, why not just embrace it for the day? Pull it into a loose plait and boom, you’re done, or swing your head upside down and create the highest ponytail you possibly can. Oh and a messy bun, possibly the easiest look to create and you’re already half way there if your hair’s a mess! Sometimes a messy look is the best way to go, so go forth and embrace your bed head!
What did you think of this post? Have any of the tips been useful to you? Or do you have some of your own tips for combating bed hair? Let me know!