I shared a post similar to this a couple of months ago and I was recently doing some blog admin when I stumbled across it and thought, why aren’t I doing these more often? Do you also remember when I told you all about my thankful diary at the beginning of this year? I’ve not used it half as much as I’d have liked to, but I think starting today I’ll be making more of a conscious effort to do so. If you follow me over on twitter then you’ll know that yesterday I had a bit of a down day, so I really feel like celebrating some happy things is what’s right for today’s blog post. So, before I waffle your neck off your shoulders, here are 10 things that made me happy this month.
1. Sunsets. There have been some killer sunsets this month. Lots of cotton candy pink skies and wispy clouds but also lots of dark, moody looking ones. There’s just something about the sky that both terrifies and fascinates me.
2. I had my hair cut! Well, that’s a lie, I cut my own hair. To be fair, I used to cut my own hair all the time but I haven’t in ages but I think I still managed to do a pretty good job.
3. I finished reading Happy Mum Happy Baby by Giovanna Fletcher. I’m sad that I’ve finished it because it was a really good read, I feel like Gi and I are pals now.. but I’m glad that I managed to find the time to get some reading done this month.
4. The Christmas spirit! I know a lot of people have said that November is too early to start getting excited about Christmas but I fail to see why. I love all the colours and the lights that go up at this time of year, that and the shops are filled with glorious Christmas tat which just so happens to be one of my favourite things ever.
5. Tyler’s personality. He’s so super interactive as of late and it’s making hanging out with him a lot more fun!
6. I successfully changed the hinges on our en suite toilet seat! What an odd one hey, but I’ve never been the best at that sort of thing, so yay go me!
7. Jack and I discovered a cute cafe in the centre of Gloucester called Hubble Bubble Coffee House on remembrance Sunday and we sat in the window, drank coffee and watched the parades go by.
8. Chocolate nespresso capsules. Coffee that’s flavoured with chocolate.. need I say more?
9. Keeping on the topic of chocolate, hot chocolates! I drank so many when I was pregnant I think I put myself off them, but I’ve recently rediscovered my love for them aaand I should probably make a dental appointment.
10. We’re moving! So I wasn’t going to say anything about our move until we’d actually done it, but I couldn’t keep this a secret for much longer! Jack, Tyler and I are moving into a gorgeous little three bed house in one of the towns close to where we live currently and ohemgee such excite!
What has made you happy this month?